Second Open Call for Full Project Proposals to the Beef Farmers of Ontario Beef Research Program
The Beef Farmers of Ontario (BFO) is pleased to announce a second open call for full research proposals to the BFO Beef Research Program. Please be advised of the following details:
- Total BFO research program project funding has been set at a maximum $200K/year for all projects subject to available BFO funding (multi-year projects do not count against annual budget).
- Preference will be given to leveraged projects (1 to 1 or better) using cash contributions, although this is not a requirement.
- Projects must be completed by December 31, 2018.
- Full project proposals must be received on or before Friday, January 13, 2017 at 4pm EST
The overall goal of the BFO Beef Research Program is to increase the development, adaptation, assessment, and easy adoption of on-farm technologies that help beef producers respond to changing demands, and to quantify and investigate emerging issues of importance to the Ontario and broader Canadian beef industry.
Project proposals must fit within one or more of the outcomes identified under the 10 overarching beef research ‘themes’ outlined in the BFO Research Investment Strategy 2014-2020. However, for the purposes of this call preference will be given to project proposals that align with one or more of the following priority issues, listed in no particular order:
- Alternative feeds/cost-benefit analysis of alternative feeds.
- Cow productivity.
- Evaluation of phosphorus risks for the Ontario beef industry under different management systems.
- Alternatives to growth promotants.
- Social value of the beef industry in Ontario. Quantification of the value that cattle bring to the rural Ontario landscape.
To apply, please visit our registration page to receive a username and password. Applications must be received on or before Friday, January 13, 2017 at 4pm EST.
Call for Full Proposals Opens: December 6th
Call for Full Proposals Closes: January 13th at 4pm EST
Technical Review Process: Mid January – Mid February
BFO Research Committee Evaluation: Mid – Late February
BFO Board of Directors Approval: Mid-March
Funding Agreements Signed: Late March – Early April
All applications will receive a timely response after a decision has been rendered by the BFO Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding this second call for full proposals, please contact Michael Campbell at 519-824-0334 or at email@example.com and he will be happy to assist you. Please direct questions about our new Research Management System to firstname.lastname@example.org.