Current job openings:
Beef Farmers of Ontario (BFO) is currently seeking beef advocates to serve as Beef Ambassadors at the Ontario Beef booth in “The Farm” building at this year’s Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) being held in Toronto August 19 – September 5, 2022. BFO would welcome the help of Beef Ambassadors for one or two days, or as many as you can spare.
The Beef Ambassadors will be responsible for greeting visitors at the Ontario Beef booth, answering questions and talking about beef, beef cattle and beef farming, and handing out materials and, of course, some fun swag! Interested candidates must have strong knowledge of beef farming, love interacting with folks from all walks of life, and be available for the duration of the fair.
The Ontario Beef booth area also includes space for about six live beef animals. The cows lounging around the pen always draw a crowd, so our beef ambassadors will have lots of visitors throughout the days.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Greeting public visitors, answering questions and engaging in conversations
- Distributing materials to visitors looking for more information
- Handing out fun swag to visitors
- Replenishing material holders as required throughout the days
- Ensuring the booth space is tidy and “visitor ready” throughout the day as needed
- Liaising with BFO staff lead as needed
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about beef, beef farming and the beef industry in general
- Outgoing and enjoys talking to many different people in a day
Compensation for the Beef Ambassadors is $15/hour, and the hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. A daily meal allowance, admission, parking and travel will also be covered.
If you are interested in the Beef Ambassador role, please contact Jennifer Kyle, BFO Manager of Public Engagement and Digital Strategy, by email (email@example.com) as soon as possible to assist with scheduling.