Dec 7, 2021 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
At Beef Farmers of Ontario, we encourage you to know and understand your farm financial situation. To help you learn about different options available to remain competitive and take calculated risks for continued success, we are presenting the Farm Financial Fluency to Ontario beef farmers this December 2021.
Farm Financial Fluency Program
December 7, 14 and 21 | Online Event
Producers will learn how their financial information can be organized for timely analysis and interpretation and how to use basic financial tools to calculate their financial position, options and explore what-if scenarios.
You will learn:
- Why financial reporting is important and to whom
- Key differences between types of financial reporting and who uses what
- Different farm business structures and their impact on financial reporting
- How to interpret your financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow)
- Financial ratios and how to use them to analyze risk
- How to spot potential financial issues and opportunities
- Tools and resources available to manage financial risk
- and more!
The program consists of three 2 hour sessions spaced out to allow time for reflection and homework. There is also an optional complimentary meeting (60 minutes) with an MNP business advisor to discuss the interpretation of your own financial statements.
The program ends with a production-specific in-depth case study to put the concepts into practice. Participants will come away with a greater knowledge of financial management, greater confidence in making financial decisions, and how to use the tools and resources available.
Each participant will receive a Participant Manual to guide their learning experience.
This program will be specific to Ontario beef producers and will be applicable to farmers across the industry – from cow-calf producer to feedlot operations.
The three session will take place on:
- December 7 from 1-3pm EST
- December 14 from 1-3pm EST
- December 21 from 1-3pm EST
You should be available to attend all three sessions to make the most out of the program. Program capacity is 40 registrants, so don’t delay! Register today! As this is an online event, registration is per farm operation.
For help with your registration, please contact the program organizer:
Farm Management Canada
Tel: 1-888-232-3262 or (613) 237-9060 | Email: email@example.com
For more information, visit www.fmc-gac.com/fff.
We hope you will join us!
Back to Calendar of Events