Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB)
Beef Farmers of Ontario is an active member of the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB), a national, multi-stakeholder initiative developed to advance existing and new sustainability efforts within the industry. The CRSB is dedicated to connecting a network of local, regional and national leaders in the beef industry with a common vision and mission. Through leadership, science, multi-stakeholder engagement and collaboration, continuous improvement of sustainability of the Canadian beef value chain will be achieved and recognized.
Areas of Focus
- Identify knowledge gaps for sustainability improvement.
- Motivate the adoption of beneficial management practices that improve sustainability.
- Support action-oriented sustainability initiatives with measurable outcomes.
- Measure the progress made in sustainability.
- Communicate science-based sustainability information to industry, other stakeholders and policy influencers.
- Inform the development of regulation and policy that supports industry sustainability and competitiveness.
- Communicate CRSB goals and outcomes achieved to non-industry stakeholders.
- Work in conjunction with the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef.
For more information on the CRSB, visit www.crsb.ca
Back to Issues