JOIN THE HERD AS A MEMBER OF THE ONTARIO BEEF YOUTH ALLIANCE
Over the years, the Beef Farmers of Ontario (BFO) has sought ways to engage, support and encourage the next generation of beef farmers within our organization through policy development, initiatives, events and program offerings, and resource development. Some of the ways in which BFO has supported youth development is summarized below:
- Finding a Future in Beef workshops
- Cow herd expansion initiatives across Ontario
- Lobbying for enhancements to the Ontario Feeder Cattle Loan Guarantee Program, which is largely subscribed to by members under the age of 40
- Securing Ontario’s Risk Management Program which provides timely and predictable support to beef farmers
- BUILD Leadership Development Program
- bfoUP webinars and programming
- Beef Youth Development Program
- Young Producer Program at BFO’s AGM
- Young Cattlemen’s Council (YCC) Ontario Representative joins BFO Board of Directors as an ex officio director
We know our organization will need strong leaders providing thoughtful direction for years to come. BFO strongly believes that an investment in youth development is an investment in our collective future. While our efforts have been well received, we think it’s time to take it to the next level and bring all youth efforts under one umbrella. Introducing, the Ontario Beef Youth Alliance – a powerful group of individuals with energy and enthusiasm to grow, protect and advocate for Ontario’s beef industry.
What is the Ontario Beef Youth Alliance?
The Ontario Beef Youth Alliance (OBYA) will be comprised of members between the ages of 18-35 and who have subscribed to become a member of the OBYA. Members must have an active interest in the Ontario beef industry, but do not need to be BFO check-off paying members.
What are the benefits of becoming a member of the Ontario Beef Youth Alliance?
Membership benefits will evolve as the Ontario Beef Youth Alliance welcomes members and begins to take shape. Every effort will be made by BFO to provide the following benefits:
- Networking and engagement opportunities with other like-minded individuals
- Youth-based programming and events
- Mentorship connections
- Access to information and resources on current funding programs to support on-farm development
- Platform to share career opportunities related to the beef and agriculture sectors
- Complimentary subscription to Ontario Beef magazine
- Eligibility to run as a candidate and/or elect candidates for the youth positions on the BFO Cow-Calf, Feedlot and Research Committees – New in 2022!
How can I join?
If you are between the ages of 18-35 and have an active interest in the Ontario beef industry, we would welcome you to subscribe by visiting the link below where we will collect your contact information and enter you into our Ontario Beef Youth Alliance (OBYA) database.
Communications will be sent to members throughout the year. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from the OBYA, you can unsubscribe by following the prompts in BFO’s communications, or you can contact Bethany Storey
directly at the BFO office to be removed from the OBYA.
Join the Ontario Beef Youth Alliance Facebook Group!
The Ontario Beef Youth Alliance Facebook group is an excellent way to network with young producers from across the province, share insight and ideas and connect. BFO will also share information on events and resources within this group.
We invite all members to join the group by following this link.