Current Job Openings
Beef Farmers of Ontario (BFO) is a progressive people-oriented association with an excellent reputation as an advocate for Ontario’s 19,000 beef farmers. We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and collaborative Engagement Coordinator to join our communications team.
BFO engages with and supports a wide variety of audiences. The focus of this position will be to connect with and share the Ontario Beef story with the public, engage with our farmer members, and continue to strengthen our relationship with sector stakeholders. The engagement coordinator is a unique position that will work collaboratively with BFO’s consumer engagement, producer engagement and communications teams to develop and execute a number of initiatives throughout the year. We are proud of our efforts with all of our stakeholders, and are looking for someone who can help to support and enhance this great work.
- Work collaboratively with BFO’s producer relations team to execute member-driven events, meetings, tours and communications
- Work collaboratively with BFO’s consumer engagement team to execute public-driven events, tradeshows, and develop and distribute education and promotional resources
- Liaise with BFO’s local associations and provide support and resources as requested
- Maintain and distribute BFO’s inventory of educational resources, promotional items and corporate wear
- Attend events, tradeshows and meetings to represent BFO and Ontario Beef as required
- Develop creative content for various communication channels, including print, social media, website, e-newsletters etc., which are targeted to various stakeholders
- Prepare, research, edit, and format various documents, reports, and presentations as required
- Lead the recruitment and coordination of annual member awards
- Develop content and manage the distribution of BFO’s e-newsletter and member communications
- Maintain consistent visual communications that align with BFO's brand standards and guidelines
- Contribute content to BFO’s Ontario Beef magazine
- Assist with social media accounts and implement BFO’s social media strategy
- Track and analyze data, and contribute to BFO’s quarterly engagement report
- Administer BFO’s Special Projects Program
- Assist with the organization of BFO’s Annual General Meeting and member meetings throughout the year
What You Bring
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, marketing, communications, event planning or graphic design preferred, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience that includes engaging with various stakeholder groups and building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- You have experience in event planning
- You are a communicator with strong written and oral communication skills
- You take pride in providing outstanding customer service
- You are self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- A working knowledge of graphic design tools and software would be a strong asset
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- You have either knowledge of the beef/farming sector or a keen willingness to learn
Our core working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The BFO head office is located in Guelph, Ontario. While there is flexibility to work from home at times, the ideal candidate will be located within a reasonable distance of the office, as in-office time will also be required.
Range: $50,000 to $60,000 based on a standard 37.5-hour work week
A compensation range is shared to take different levels of experience into consideration. Compensation will be proportionate to experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility
BFO is committed to advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion in the agriculture sector, which includes ensuring our employment practices are inclusive and accessible. We strongly encourage people from all kinds of diverse backgrounds to apply for this position. Should you require any accommodation measures to fully participate in our application or hiring processes, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
If you are interested in the Engagement Coordinator position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to the attention of Michelle Dyer, BFO Office Manager, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, December 8, 2023.
The Beef Farmers of Ontario wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.